Temporary Work Zone Traffic Management Program
A Temporary Work Zone Traffic Management Program has been established to provide for:
- Work zone safety
- Better managed temporary roadway restrictions
- Minimized delays and frustrations for the traveling public
- Reduced impacts to local business
- Facilitating improvements in the right-of-way
- Increased barricade placement inspections
The Program is intended to enhance the planning, application, and oversight of traffic control management in temporary work areas in roadways, sidewalks, and transit zones. As part of the program, a permit is required.
Fees began July 1st, 2005
Please review the barricade brochure for more information.
Thanksgiving Day to January 2
Due to the ever-increasing traffic volume on many of the City's roads, it is necessary to restrict lane closures on certain roads during the holiday season. These restrictions will be in place from Thanksgiving to one day after New Years. Please see the Holiday Street Restrictions for a list of locations.